Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The 1st Annual APCS Art Opening

     Today in Computer Science we went to the auditorium at our school and got to see the AP Computer Science class's artwork. There were many pictures on the wall and they were all made up of numbers and symbols. I learned that this is called ASCII art.
     Most of the pictures on the wall were of objects or animals. They used keyboard symbols such as the "@" and "-" signs to create realistic images. Underneath each piece of artwork was a little paragraph by the author with the picture's name and an explanation of what inspired them to create it.
     Before experiencing the APCS art exhibition I had no idea that ASCII art was a thing. I had seen little images made of semicolons and periods before but I never knew that such realistic and monumental artwork could be created using these symbols. Maybe one day I will be able to create a work of art as cool as these: 

No comments:

Post a Comment